Glad to announce the release of AjaXplorer 4.3.2, which as its number implies is in the DEV branch. This means that it is not meant to be used in a production environnement, but it is a new AjaXplorer 5 Release Candidate : we are following the roadmap defined in the previous version, and getting closer from the major stable release.
QUICK NOTE, if you missed it this month : the new AjaXplorer for FileLink Thunderbird extension, contributed by our spanish friends from Ultreia!
- License : Affero GPL
- Copyright : Charles du Jeu 2013
- Version number : 4.3.2
- Download Core : ajaxplorer-core-4.3.2.zip or ajaxplorer-core-4.3.2.tar.gz
- Install instructions : See the 4-steps installation guide.
- Upgrade : package available from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2 on the “Developement” channel (see below) .
- Linux packages are available in the ‘testing’ channel.
- Demo : https://pyd.io/demo
- Contributor(s) : miguelon, juan, ultreia, rmeske, panzaeron, hkev, gynter, terminal-addict, chusopr, cfoellman
- New requirement : php5.3 and upper
Here is a summary of the major changes and new plugins, the complete changelog is available lower in this page. Please also read the 4.3.0 and 4.3.1 release notes if you are just testing the dev channel for the first time. Many new features were already introduced in the last release (Auth/Conf moduler rewrite, WebDAV comp replacement, Notifications and mailing, etc).
- The sharing machine!
Share a folder as a public listing (“minisite”), with preview for major file types, Generate HTML Embed code for all type of sharing (ministe or file), and direct download link for files. Better “Shared Elements” management : browse all shared elements inside a given workspace
- New theme expansion : new view type “Detail” on two lines. Along with a great responsiveness, allows each user to setup her layout exactly as desired. Notifications : display Alerts in the feed. GUI optimization for IE (IE8 does not switch to legacy anymore!), for mobile and for widgeting. Performances improvement at various points, especially the first time loading of the GUI
- Admin’s delight : full rework of the Configuration to be able to manage them entirely via the GUI (drop bootstrap_plugins.php). This opens a better ability to create an installer.
- Developer Experience : exposition of the API and the hooks, [experimental] New “rest.php” access point to run API queries in a more REST-oriented approach. Migration to GitHub at last, to ease the ability to contribute to the code.
Upgrade from 4.3.1 or from 4.2.3
For those already switched to the dev branch (v4.3.1), set directly to point 3, others, you have to first switch to “Development” update channel. Please make sure to backup your install before doing this!
- Backup the application files, and make sure the running instance is writeable by the server
- Go to the plugins settings, and edit the “action.updater” plugin options : switch to the “Development” channel instead of “Stable”. Save.
- Click on the “Upgrade” button in the top bar, you should see an available 4.3.1 >> 4.3.2 package.
- Start upgrade.
- You WILL probably have errors after that, you have to manually kill your session by clearing your browser cookies (and more generally your browser cache).
- Also clear the following server folder : data/cache/i18n/*.ser
- Refresh the page, you should see the new theme appear.
- Check that your various configurations (users/repositories, plugins, etc) are still alive, if not, please report the problem!
- Regenerate the data/public/.htaccess file to enable rewrite rule : to do this remove this file and also data/public/grid_t.png (if you’re coming from 4.3.1) or data/public/down.png (if coming from 4.2.3), and generate directly a new public link or minisite, to make sure it is recreated by the application (will contain new RewriteRule instructions).
- Switching to new core configs system : to migrate from the horrid “bootstrap_plugins.php” file to a more human-friendly GUI for the basic plugins (AUTH, CONF), we introduced a new layer in the configurations management. But to avoid letting you down after upgrade, until the bootstrap_plugins.php file is there, if you try to edit the configs via the Main AjaXplorer Options node in the Settings panel, your edits will not be taken into account. Rename the php file to something else (bootstrap_plugins.php.orig), and this will allow you to configure the AUTH & CORE plugins via the “Authentification Options” and “Configuration Management” panels.
What’s next ?
- Validate and extensively test the new features (we count on you on that one!).
- Create an installer to configure all SQL-based plugins at once
- Write more and more and more documentation, for developers, admins, end-users (help welcome as well). Extend the continuous integration framework with PHP unit tests.
Improve Notifications panel layout
Add buttons to test LDAP connexion, test email sending, etc.
Digg the WebServer socket feature
Core Auth & Conf
- [core.conf] Legcay to new format conversion for AUTH_DRIVER key in bootstrap_plugin
- [core.conf] MINISITE & MINISITE_NODOWNLOAD roles creation at startup
- [auth.serial] fix two performance problems: For conf.serial, keep a reference to the children to make listUsersChildren acceptable. Was impacting admin users listing and also when sharing a folder to a new worpspace.
- [core.auth] Generally, avoid recomputing merged role after calling addRole() if there is no real changes.
- [core.conf] When updating the INSTANCE of core.auth or core.conf, force disconnexion and remove admin_counted file to make sure it the user is not logged out.
- [conf.sql] SQL_DRIVER is mandatory Add ajxp_user table in conf.sql as well
- Readapt the core.auth plugin to automatically convert parameters into auth.multi driver
- Refactoring : Move QUEUES stuff from core.notification to core.mq
- Core : filter registry from serverCallbacks that are not used by the client
- Make TRANSMIT_CLEAR_PASS a default to “true”, to avoid by default having to retype a password for WebDAV access. Rework WebDAV Panel.
- [conf.sql] Clear serial_role on repository delete
- [conf.sql] Fix issue #29 : Deleting a group with users does not delete the users
- Massive refactoring for lazier loading of repositories : only load the accessible repositories, only when it’s necessary. May break some stuff, to check…
- [core.conf] Fix orderRoles function to make sure we keep the groups hierarchy
- [boot.conf] For core.conf and all conf.* plugins, always use the boot.conf as storage, otherwise it’s weird (conf driver is storing its configs in its own storage)
- Core : fix double loading of external files, do not reload contributions if external files are already appended to the manifest.
- [auth.remote] Typo in checkPassword ! see #41
- [core] At last fix the Repository::getId() method, remove the tests for isWriteable
- [core] Attach instanciated driver instance to the repository
- [core] Switch the AuthService to be usable with session or not.
- [core] Start a REST access point
- Declare “Indexable” metadata for in-house optimization : ajxp_shared meta allow for superfast loading of all shared elements of a repository.
- Also required the ability to create “user-scoped” entries in Lucene : we duplicated for as many as necessary.
- TODO : clear all user-scope Lucene document when deleting a user.
- TODO : use Lucene as well to optimize the whole conf.serial/auth.serial drivers?
- Refactor AjxpWebdavProvider to AjxpWrapperProvider …
- Start a massive refactoring to Restify the behaviour : A node can “on his own” load a repository -> a driver -> a metastore.
- Memory cache the users label for better perfs
- AuthService : remove the “password min length” check as it prevent the admin/admin creation.
- Make sure to call parent::initOptions() to get the default options values (from Manifest)
- Apply defered hooks inside try/catch otherwise it can break the chain.
- Use restore_error_handler to avoid triggering errors when loading feed
- Send template only if the header is text/html, to avoid resending the whole thing if a wrong request is sent.
- AJXP_PLUGIN : Load Options Default like for global parameters …
- Move initActivePlugins from ConfService to AJXP_PluginsService
- Move all bootstrap_plugins configs to a specific boot.conf AbstractConfDriver implementation
- Use AJXP_Utils::cleanDibiDriverParameters() when using a dibi like field
- > Clean dibi parameter by removing the driver prefix …
- > Change the way plugins are automatically activated or not : if there is a core.* plugin, do not load this category, it will be the core plugin task. Create manifests where necessary (meta, index, access)
- > Move AJXP_Logger class to core.log, instanciate the real logger using the core plugin config.
- > Plugins list : skip core plugin that don’t have any parameters to avoid polluting display
- Merge pull request #25 from cfoellmann/master minor README update
- WebDAV fixes : fix lock backend (create lock file if it does not exists), was preventing upload.
- Always $ignoreRangeHeader for the moment, fseek is not working correctly with the inner streams.
- AJXP_Sabre_NodeLeaf was missing the getContentType() implementation (see #31)
- Use a button to trigger SQL tables creation. Update all CREATE TABLE instructions with IF NOT EXISTS
- SQL-consumer plugins use the default “Core” driver defined in the core.conf plugin
- Fix plugin editor and roles editor layout details
- Relabel Shared Elements repository
- [core.mq] : new parameter for polling time
- Fix ajxp_shared tabs, send to user menu, do not show in RepositorySelect
- [gui.ajax] Handle autoload of css files.
- [gui.ajax] Action : specify a forbidden extension in allowedMimes by using “^ext”
- Gui.ajax : Fixes for IE7 and IE8, IE8 now does not switch to legacy theme anymore !
- [gui.ajax] Fix FilesList height and content_pane border radius …
- [gui.ajax] Ability to pass the standard GET parameters during the get_boot_conf action
- Bootstrap : Prepend SERVER_PREFIX_URI to logo path
- FilesList : fix duplicate listing when displayMode is fixed by componentConfig
- gui.mobile : fix content pane duplicate.
- Fix selectable + touch : trigger selection if deltaY is very small, otherwise it’s a scrolling action.
- InfoPanel : check viewPort dimensions when opened as editor.
- Use InfoPanel as an editor (disabled by default). To be applied for mobile version
- Declare an ‘inline’ toolbar for mobile GUI (all the old code could be removed). Put ls, open_with and download in this new toolbar
- FilesList : pass a toolbarOptions to be displayed inline, either multiple (visible on each line) or unique (only selected line)
- Toolbars : ability for an action to belong to many toolbar groups, using comma-separated list
- Rework notifications feed styling.
- Bookmarks implementation as a FetchedResultPanel
- Rework InfoPanel responsiveness > switch to 2 or 3 columns and biggest preview
- Fix video.js preview repositionning
- Handle ajxp_bookmarked metadata in the same way …
- Redefine tabulator content for ajxp_conf driver / TODO check other non-wrappers drivers
- Fix IE Tweaks : make sure parseXML uses XMLDom active X instead of simple DOM parser (to use XPath)
- Forgotten observer in search engine (destroy), set lightbox markup on sub element in the fileList
- Rework the splitter and the tabulator
- Fix AjxpPane.scanChildrenPanes
- Rework Tree Styling, the caret is still not good (white border when selected).
- Fix various JS files to allow concurrent FilesList instances. Use one in the SearchEngine result.
- Fix Key events for new Detail view
- New view type “Detail” on two lines.
- Fix #28 WS not refreshed for user-added repositories
- Avoid many XHR at startup by sending directly the bootconf and the registry in the HTML template.
- Readapt ajxp_widget for new theme
- Default values for nested fields in FormManager
- FormManager : Fix missing “No” selection on boolean
- Rework FormManager to send nested values as JSON, creating too long key names can be blocked by Suhosin
- New group_switch: type for standard form, new hidden type, new mixin for dibidriver_providers using these new types.
- Use previewProvider editors to generate embeddable HTML code for shared files. Handles Images, audio, and video.
- Fix public links list, was broken by the new share mechanisms, and by any other php file inside the folder (#45)
- Add “minisite” toolbar : upload actions, logout, new download_all action
- Inline Toolbar : fix css for minisite, new invisibleSelection option for Selectable
- Minisite : move template in action.share
- [action.share] New share mechanism : minisite
- [action.share] Better reload minisite configs …
- [action.share] New parameter AVOID_SHARED_FOLDER_SAME_LABEL
- Stripped out version of the template prepared for minisite feature, inlineToolbar in multiple mode
- Use a short form of the web link hash, along with a RewriteRule
- [action.share] Minisite, do not use the tag, must be absolute
- Re-put the Share action in right click
- [editors] Fix eml editor, fix editor.other styling, add iconClass to editor.text
- [action.share] Make sure the minisite.php template is dynamically configured to point to server root (e.g. alias to public)
- [access.fs] When looping through a dir and using listing cache, make sure that the base path is also the correct one.
- [access.ftp] Fix ftp permissions (readonly state now has some direct impact)
- [access.fs] Fix dircopy by postponing the recursion after the closedir – should fix access.ftp
- Legcay to new format conversion for AUTH_DRIVER key in bootstrap_plug… …
- [uploader.jumploader] Fix uc_uploadUrl to fit ajxp widget mechanism
- [editor.soundmanager] Fix hookToList that was recently broken
- [editor.soundmanagaer] Fix sound (destroy on validation to be sure it’s happening before disapear)
- [editor.diaporama] Handle window.ajxpMinisite config (hide metadata panel)
- [editor.soundmanager] Openable previewer
- [editor.video] Openable previewer
- [access.ajxp_conf] Fix delete user & delete role …
- [access.fs] Fix ls & copy actions rights
- [access.ftp] Let the driver handle the hidden files case, always get the whole list in the wrapper
- [access.ftp] Partially fixed the displaying of hidden files in FTP access plug-in
- [auth.ldap] Updated ldapAuthDriver to reduce calls to ldap_connect/_bind/_search
- [editor.diaporama] : correctly place the open overlay
- [editor.codemirror] Fix SERVER_PREFIX_URI case …
- [editor.infopanel] Create “Folder Info” action
- [editor.codemirror] Fix for mobile version
- [editor.soundmanager] Enable wav support
- [access.jsapi] Fix JSAPI driver
- Add Lucene by default to FTP, SFTP and SMB drivers
- [access.ftp] Fix wrong year for recent monthes, see bug #15
- [uploader.html] Fix #12 Files duplicated with drag and drop upload
- [access.ftp] Merge pull request #26 from ultreia-es/issue-17 Workaround for PHP bug #62035
- Issue 17: Workaround for PHP bug #62035 about PHP not being able to handle properly some FTP responses.
- [auth.cas] CAS Authentification plugin, contributed by Ultreia Communicaciones
- Fixes on WebSocket server
- [core.ajaxplorer/i18n] updated hu.php added translation for untranslated strings
- List all ACTIONS and HOOKS in a new “Developer” node in the Settings panel.
- Still todo: document all serverCallback nodes, argh.
- Add a new “Developer” node in the Settings panel and display the actions and their API here.
- Rework phpDocs packages and subpackages
- Fix rest access point : /api/repository_id/action_name/parameters
- [core] died rest access point …
- [dist] Git tag and push instead of svn tag
- [dist] New task for git diff-tree, adapt parseSvnSummarize task, rework the prepare_update task
- [dist] Switch automatic builds from SVN to GIT
- Create README.md for new git repository